Saturday, March 5, 2011

Catching Up

I haven't written on this blog in almost a year and I'm not quite sure why I've decided that I would like to write here more. With that said, a year is a long time, and to try to encapsulate what has happened in that time span now seems utterly pointless. One positive to come out of the year was that I really do need to read more, and so I set a goal for myself to read at least fifty books by the end of May. I will be keeping track here.


Here is the list of what I have read so far:


#1 The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
#2 Looking Backwards, 2000 to 1887 by Edward Bellamy
#3 Atonement by Ian Mcewan
#4 Love is a Dog From Hell by Charles Bukowski
#5 Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick
#6 Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch by Philip K. Dick
#7 Ubik By Philip K. Dick
#8 An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin
#9 The Book of Longing by Leonard Cohen
#10 How to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe by Charles Yu
#11 Candide by Voltaire
#12 Heart of Joy by John Repp
#13 Paycheck and other classic stories by Philip K. Dick
#14 The Book of Werewolves by Sabine Baring-Gould
#15 When You are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris
#16 The Trouble with Poetry by Billy Collins
#17 Ballistics by Billy Collins
#18 Agape Agape by William Gaddis
#19 Earth (The Book) by the writer's of the daily show *
#20 Goodbye, Columbus by Philip Roth
#21 The Room by Hubert Selby Jr.
#22 On Writing by Stephen King
#23 The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
#24 Never Let Me go by Kazuo Ishiguro


* It seems unfair to consider this a book, but I read it none the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment