Thursday, April 28, 2011

#34

The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova


While I can't say I found this book to be something I would recommend (mostly because it was just so darn predictable), the book does have some very nice qualities about it. Foremost, the locals that the story takes you to are amazing and detailed, so much so that at times it feels as though the project was originally a travelogue but turned into a history lesson with vampires. The history aspect was really interesting to read, though I'm not sure how much of it is factual, for all I know most of it is, though I'm more into Roman history it was still interesting. However, as much of the plot is predictable, and the ending is a let down, I could still see a vampire enthusiast or a history "nerd" enjoying this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment