Monday, March 30, 2009

Saturday Night

Let me start off by writing on Saturday Night.  Cara and I were supposed to be at the Rack N' Roll to meet up with Joe, Lauren, and probably some other people I've never met before.  But before I begin this tale of hilariousness, I should point out that I've been back in Erie County for almost a full three years and I still can't remember where shit is.   So when Cara told me of this place, I was stupefied, proclaiming that no place like that exists on 26th.  She swore that it did, and one I looked into her beautiful eyes I agreed; though with her beauty she could get me to agree to anything.   For some reason it was my job to drive, which I don't mind driving her car, it's comfortable and my back is bothered by it.   Well things progress, the minutes pass, and the rotations on the tires amount to whatever miles added on to the odometer.   After a while she tells me that we passed it, I ask her if she is sure.  Yes.  We turn around.  We end up back by the airport, and she asks me to turn around again, we didn't go far enough.  We get to Saint Vs.  We passed it.  I pull into a parking lot and I can't stop laughing.  We head back the other way.  I can't stop laughing.  She tells me that it's on 38th.  I laughed and when I looked her, well I'm not sure how to explain the moment.  She wasn't frustrated.  She wasn't calling me an idiot and blaming the "ruined" evening on me.  She wasn't acting like any woman I'm used to.  It was refreshing but also deeper than that.  I think my heart simultaneously rose and stopped.  Everything moved slow.  The moment is still stuck in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment